Wednesday, August 30, 2006

With a beginning...

EA Games created Sim City. On the sixth day, the Makers said, let us makes Sims in our image, male and female and alien and vampire they created them. And they were Good.

When the Sims 2 were released into the world, the Simmers and the Modders and the Gamers and sundry began to Sim and create. And it was more than good, it was maizetacular (like my blogtitle- a bit corny but sophisticated sounding enough to get away with it).

In my darkest hour of doubt and fear that my Sims would never be cool; the bright beacon of Numenor, the Modfather shone through the soft glow of my 19-inch LCD monitor. The bustling hub of creative thought at Modthesims2.com became my playground and source of great awe.

I stumbled through page after page of amazing custom content until finally I ventured a house onto the open market of the dowload forum. It was well recieved. And more than ever, I was hooked on my Simming.

There is no other game that I know of with the built-in flexibility; I can spend a week just designing, building and decorating houses. Then when I tire of that I can put families together, taking my favorite eyes, lipstick, hair and dress and turning a Sim into a story just waiting to be told. And then, if I want to, I can actually play the game!

This little cranny of cyberspace will be for not my stories, but theirs; the Sims themselves who live their lives at the whims of my insomnia.

So comes back often, for:
Some enchanted evening
You may see a stranger,
you may see a stranger
Across a crowded room
And somehow you know,
You know even then
That somewhere you'll see her
Again and again.

1 comment:

SpongebobTanu said...

hehe, i love the "animatrix" start on the intro. if you are this creative with your intro, i can't wait to read your stories! put up an update soon...i order you! LOLOL.

seriously, please put up an update soon.